Monday 26 December 2011

Embellished patterns...

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas! We are back in Bristol after spending a few days in London with family and my sisters and I are enjoying a leisurely Boxing Day in front of the TV (watching Harry's Law). I'm taking the opportunity of free time to get creative - I decided to play along with the Embellish Magazine colours with the added challenge of using mixed patterns.




 I came up with this using some new goodies:


I used one of the Sale-a-Bration sets coming on the 24th Jan and made my own background paper using a couple of the motifs from the set. I used Island Indigo cardstock then stamped the larger image with Island Indigo ink then with Whisper White ink. I used the small flower in the gaps using Versamark so I could get a paler image than the one you get when using the same colour ink. I really love the effect of these three different inks together!

The vines were stamped on Whisper White with Old Olive ink then the panels were sponged with Old Olive to soften them a bit. The flower was created with the Blossom Party die (coming in the mini catty on the 4th of Jan) with Daffodil Delight cardstock and DSP. The leaves were punched using the Build a Blossom punch then I stamped them with a border pattern from the same SAB set.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Fresh Vintage (SAB), Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)
Ink: Island Indigo, Old Olive, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper: Island Indigo, Old Olive, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, DD dsp
Accessories: Island Indigo brad. Blossom Party die, Build a Blossom punch, square punch, Old Olive satin ribbon, scallop border punch

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment