Sunday 22 January 2012

Fresh Aviary Birthday...

Hiya,

It's getting to be a bit of a habit posting on a Sundays... with nothing in between! Sorry I haven't posted more but study, work and other commitments mean at the moment I don't have a lot of free time to play. But yesterday I made myself take some time out to get creative so I could get some time to relax and take my mind off some pressing issues (this is one of the reasons I love creating things!). I combined the Freshly Made sketch from this week with the Colour Q challenge (just squeaking in this week) to come up with this:


I dug out my Aviary set - love these cute images - and put together something that mostly features Wisteria Wonder with splashes of the other colours. The flower was punched from Rich Razzleberry DSP using the Boho Blossoms punch then I scrunched the flowers and sanded them slightly, adding an Island Indigo brad through the middle. The sentiment is from Curly Cute set and I added a strip of Island Indigo ruffled ribbon underneath the banner strip for a bit of added interest and texture. I wanted to add something in the top right portion so I overstamped the dsp with a flourish stamp from Everything Eleanor using Wisteria Wonder ink.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Aviary, Curly Cute, Everything Eleanor
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder
Paper: Wisteria Wonder & Rich Razzleberry dsp, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Accessories: Boho Blossoms punch, Island Indigo brad, Island Indigo ribbon, corner rounder punch, rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to have a bit of 'me' time... hopefully will be able to share what I make with you soon...

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. These bird cages are perfect for any occasion! Love them! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - this is SO DARLING, Amy! Love how you used that ribbon, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I should pull out this set again soon--I always forget about it and love it so much. The ruffled ribbon behind the banner is so cute. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Amy, love what you did with the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great! I love your color use. The little brad is so perfect on that flower. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, I love that owl. The flowers is great and I really like the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete