Saturday 26 May 2012

Exciting News!

Hiya!

I have some exciting news to share today that I've been sitting on for a few weeks...


Yep that's right - I'm one of the new Friday Mashup design team! Starting from June I'll be playing along as a DT member and even creating a few challenges myself - woohoo! Thank you so much to Holly for choosing me - I'm really looking forward to it. And how better to celebrate than to post my card for the latest challenge...

I used the new Open Sea set from our Summer mini catty along with some Well Worn dsp to make a Father's Day card:


When I started this card I had in mind the class I am running next Friday evening using this stamp set so I thought I would design a project for that... only I got a bit carried away and ended up cutting out the sails of the boat (VERY fiddly!) and shaping them with a scoring tool and foam mat so they look like they're blowing in the wind (not that you can see it very well on the photo). When I finished I thought perhaps this wouldn't be the best idea for a class, particularly not for those that aren't too keen on fussy cutting (Heather!) lol!! Oh well... maybe a modified version!

I'm gonna skip the recipe this time cos it's late and I have an early morning tomorrow so I'll leave it there... Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

4 comments:

  1. Holy moly that is some serious cutting you did, wow! It looks fantastic though! Love this DSP with this set, looks great!

    Looking forward to working with you on the Mashup DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really outdid yourself with the cutting :) It's awesome! I'm so glad that set carried over, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Amy! Wowzers. I have some club members who would totally stage a revolution over that amount of fussy cutting too. :) So excited to work with you on the Mashup team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waving hi, Amy! So glad you will be joining us. The match up of this paper and stamp set is perfect!

    ReplyDelete