Sunday 2 September 2012

Ribbon Tree for the Paper Players...

Hello!

This week at the Paper Players we have a great theme brought to us by Jaydee:


Originally I started out making something with leaves but got sidetracked by a technique I saw here and I thought I'd have a go using the Christmas tree die from the Holiday collection framelits...


Lots of details to share on this one, so here goes:

The tree was created by cutting two framelit label shapes and cutting out a tree from one then layering ribbon strips on the other (Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon and Choc Chip scallop dots). I added some silver and Real Red brads then layered the piece with the tree window over the top. I added a star cut from the same framelits set as the tree, with lots of silver dazzling diamonds over the top. I added faux stitching with an Early Espresso marker around the tree and the edges of the label. This whole piece was glued onto a layer of Primrose Petals card.



The background paper is from the new Candlelight Christmas specialty paper, layered on Early Espresso card. The ribbon is Very Vanilla seam binding, tied in a bow then with another bow tied over the top with some linen thread. The sentiment from Delightful Decorations was stamped with Real Red on Crumb Cake, punched out with a 3/4" circle punch then covered with Crystal Effects to create an epoxy sticker type of effect. I rounded the corners of all the layers to soften the overall effect.

I used the Merry Monday sketch for my layout:


Make sure you check out the gorgeous creations by the Paper Players design team:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, Amy, you are BRILLIANT! I love how you created that image panel with the ribbon tree under the die cut! LOVE it! Such fun colours on this too!!! Will need to case you sometime soon as I LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Dawn's comment! This is fantastic, Amy! That ribbon tree idea is genius and I love your color combination--especially the use of primrose. Such a great twist on holiday colors. Always love your faux stitching too. Fabulous card and I'm so glad you opted for a Christmas card--great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute!! I love that technique as well and have yet to try it. Never thought to use it like you did with three and the framelits - super!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable holiday card! I love this technique! The faux stitching is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and I do love this technique, too. Adding ribbon behind a tree really does add so much interest and texture - it's perfect with the faux stitching, too.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete