Saturday 10 November 2012

Dynamic Poppies...

Hi there,

It's time for another Dynamic Duos challenge and this week we're playing with this lovely combo:


I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use the gorgeous Pleasant Poppies stamp, and very appropriate for Rememberance Day tomorrow...


I stamped the poppies on First Edition dsp in Versamark and embossed with black EP, punching out with a 2 1/2" circle punch. I stamped them again on watercolour card, embossed and cut out with my paper snips, colouring them with an aquabrush and ink. I popped the cut-out flowers over the circular image with dimensionals. The background is Sahara Sand card embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and layered with a panel of Basic Grey (I love how with Dynamic Duos you have the option of adding a variety of neutrals to the colour duo!). The sentiment is from Curly Cute, stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla. I cut out a butterfly from a piece of first Edition dsp and added some pearls and some black taffeta ribbon to finish. I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for my layout...

Make sure you stop by the Dynamic Duos challenge to check out what the other designers have created to inspire you!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, such a lovely colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Amy, so love that poppy stamp and your coloring is perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - this is absolutely stunning! I really like the colored popped up poppies (say that 5 times real fast!!!) against the newsprint. The doily adds the perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Amy! The watercolored poppies are stunning! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Amy. ;-) You have done these colors magnificently! The fussy-cut poppies are perfect. LOVE the ribbon and pearls. Really pretty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these poppies so much. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, that is just beautful, I love those colours, really classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely, Amy! And I like how you tipped the sketch on it's side :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impresssed!! An elegant card, great colours and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, I love every single detail on your card! Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! The flowers really pop off of that newsprint background, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is stunning! I love the poppies on the newsprint - just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The poppies are truly perfect for this card and the day!! Lovely! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete