Sunday 11 November 2012

Field Flower Thanks...

Hello!

We have a great colour challenge this week at the Paper Players, brought to us by Anne Marie...


I really wanted to use a new set in my stash from the new catty - Field Flowers - and I thought these colours would work well so here's what I ended up with...


I'm really pleased with how this turned out, even if it did take me ages! The flowers were stamped firstly with the solid image in More Mustard, then the outline image over the top with second generation Bravo Burgundy ink. The centres were stamped separately with Bravo Burgundy and the stem/leaves with Old Olive. I cut all of the pieces out with my paper snips and layered over the punched circle that I pierced using the piercing template. This was layered on a Bravo Burgundy doily. The background layers are a combination of First Edition and Orchard Harvest dsp as well as a piece of Old Olive card stamped with the flourish from Elements of Style (I sponged some matching  ink around the edges of the Olive and Mustard panels). I added a little sentiment banner using a sentiment from Kindness Matters and I couldn't resist adding some Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon in a lovely big bow!

I used the Sweet Sunday sketch for my layout...


Make sure you check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the design team...

The Paper Players Design Team


Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

9 comments:

  1. Amy, this is beautiful!!!! Those colours do work well with that image! Haven't had that set out in a long time. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply fabulous!! You worked those colors together with amazing detail work and beautiful design! I absolutely LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Amy! I love the layering and the fabulous details you always add!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the patterned papers and beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning. You've done a wonderful job with the colours. I especially love the First Edition DSP layer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, first let me just say that your fussy-cutting skills ROCK! I can't believe you cut all those flowers and stems by hand, amazing! Fab use of the sketch and you've incorporated the colors beautifully. Must try BB over MM on the flowers--it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous....those flowers are stunning and I love ALL the backgrounds! You rocked these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is full of everything I love...lots of layers, lots of patterns and lots of awesome details! Absolutely fabulous, Amy! You completely rocked my colors this week! This is fussy-cutting perfection! LOVE it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Amy! I really love the colors you used and the way you combined them to make your card stunning.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete