Friday 30 November 2012

Snowflake Gifts Mashup...

Hiya,

I'm trying to stay organised this week and post on time so I'm popping in quickly to share my Friday Mashup creations with you..

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using "the inspiration photo".
  2. Or Make a "Gift project".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "project for a gift using the inspiration photo above".

I actually made a card for this challenge and forgot about the Mashup part of it being a gift project, but then I remembered that I did have a project to hand that I demonstrated recently so I'll share that with you too! First up, the card...


The snowman was stamped with stazon on white, then masked and spritzed the panel with Silver Smooch. I coloured the snowman in with a blender pen, inks and markers, then layered on another white framelit shape. I die cut a snowflake from silver glimmer paper and added a tempting turqouise brad to the centre. The banner panel is some Snow Festival dsp layered on whisper white card and then onto Midnight Muse cardstock which I sponged with matching ink around the edges. The sentiment (from More Merry Messages) was embossed with silver EP. I added some white organza ribbon to finish things off. This card was based on this week's Retro Sketch...


And now for my gift project, I made a mini pizza box containing some decorated tea lights...


I used the smallest snowflake from Snowflake Soiree with Baja Breeze on two of the tea lights, and the smallest doily from Delicate Doilies with Primrose Petals on the other two. These are really simple to make: just stamp image on tissue paper, punch out with a circle punch, poke a hole in the middle, thread the wick through then heat with a heat gun until the wax melts and the tissue paper sets into it. Lots of fun and make a great gift!

Make sure you check out what the rest of the Mashup team have created this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. So cute, Amy! I love the Midnight Muse cardstock sponged in Midnight Muse! And your spritzing around the snowman are so cute :) Great idea for the candles too! I want to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving me such a sweet comment on my pink snowman card. I love your snowman card, too. Saw it earlier today on Friday Mashup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute.. Amy .. I love how you did the background of your snowman image. I was thinking you stamped it on the glimmer paper. I was like How did she do that? What a fun Snowman Project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card!i love the colors and the snowman with that sparkly snowflake!thanks for sharing such a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, that snowman is one of my favorites an the box with the candles is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects! I love all the details on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Amy! That snowman is so adorable and the turquoise brad on the snowflake looks perfect.
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete