Sunday 2 December 2012

Snow much fun!

Hiya,

It's time for another fun Paper Players challenge brought to us by Ann...


I pulled out Snow Much Fun (which features quite a lot in the DT's cards this week lol!) for this one...


{Sorry the photo's not great - I finished this last night and so had to rely on artificial light}

I needed inspiration BIG time for this so combined the theme with the Colour Q and Sweet Stop sketch challenge...


Once I had colours and layout sorted this came together pretty quickly (don't you love challenges?!). I coloured the snowman image with a blender pen and ink pads, then stamped some snowflakes and swirls (from Delightful Decorations) in Versamark and embossed with irridescent ice EP. The dsp is a combination of Comfort Cafe and Regal Rose patterns, each layered on Real Red card. I added a whisper white doily die cut, some Pool Party seam binding ribbon and some rhinestones for a bit of bling.

Check out the rest of the design team's 'snow people' inspiration...

The Paper Players Design Team

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x


13 comments:

  1. Adorable, Amy! GREAT layout for this image! This is a fun set and I almost reached for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Amy! Love how you have used those skewed panels (they always send me running for cover, lol) & the doily die-cut peeking out from underneath is sweet. Your coloured image is adorable & the added sparkle from the background snowflakes is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cute...I love the big snowflakes stamped on the background, AND his green hat! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your snowman, Amy, such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute, Amy! I love the stamped snowflakes with the touch of shimmer! The doily and the rhinestones are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Amy. I really do love this set and you really did it justice. I love the unexpected color combo and the stamped snowflakes. Fabulous card
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really gorgeous card. I love that you've flipped the sketch. The image is lovely and looks fab with the extra snowflakes. And the papers and colours are scrummy. There, I think that about covers it! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Amy, this is darling! Love the colors :-). Your use of the tilted panels is fantastic--I always run from those but you rocked them and I love the addition of the doily and the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute snowman, Amy! Love the sparkly snowflakes and the doily accent! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. I like the layout with the layering. Great job with the image and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, first of all I LOVE the fab layout! Normally "tilted" elements challenge me but this is so fresh and fun. The colors are pretty awesome, too. Such a fun-tastic snowman card! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Great snowman, love his little boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I love that set. I love the colors and the papers you chose to use. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stop Sketch this week.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete