Saturday 16 February 2013

Blue skies...


Hello!

Sorry to be a bit late posting my Dynamic Duos card this week - I've been at a demonstrator day having crafty fun and have just gotten home (hubby had cooked dinner bless him!) and begun to unwind... anyway, enough jibber jabber - here are this week's colours...


I ended up with something completely different to the idea I started with, but was quite happy with how it turned out..



I really wanted to use the new cloudy day embossing folder but mine didn't arrive in time, so I had to go to plan B - cupcakes! Yep, those clouds are the top of the cupcake from Create-a-Cupcake, some stamped in white ink and others embossed in white EP. I die-cut a frame in the middle of the turqouise panel with a window framelits die and popped this panel over a white of whisper white that I spritzed with Tempting Turqouise reinker and water. I stamped the boat (from Need for Speed) into the window then again on a separate piece, colouring with markers and then cutting out and popping it up over the first image with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from Up, up & away, stamped on Sahara Sand and layered with circle punches. I added a banner of turqouise card with some matching brads attached and layered this over a strip of Twitterpated dsp.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for my layout...

Make sure you check out the fab creations of the rest of the design team!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

7 comments:

  1. Amy, you are absolutely brilliant! Way to think outside the box and use a cupcake stamp :o) This is such a great card for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The interpretation of the sketch is so creative! This would be a perfect birthday card for a man. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call using the cupcake top for the clouds! I like the way you've embossed some and just stamped others. I agree with Cindy on the sketch...what a fabulous take on it! You card turned out super!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Amy! Way to make it work! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card and what a great idea to use the cupcake for your clouds! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Amy. ;-) I love how you created the boat and the clouds - so clever to use a cupcake topper! Awesome job. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card Amy, love your embossing and that boat image is amazing.

    ReplyDelete