Friday 1 February 2013

Handwritten garden...

Hiya!

It's time for another fun Friday Mashup challengr, and this week Lisa's got a colour combo for us with a twist...

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the colors "Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight & Old Olive".
  2. Or Make a project "Creating your own Sentiment (No Stamps, Stickers, Chipboard etc.).
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "With your own Sentiment using the Colors above".

I wanted to use some pretty paper from the new Print Poetry stack in the new Spring catty (out today!) as well as the gorgeous Secret Garden stamp set. I must admit through, the 'create your own sentiment' bit threw me for a bit... until I had an idea to use a word that was a bit of a 'in-word' amongst my sisters when I went to Australia...


Ok, so I admit, it's a bit random to most other people though! My sisters would say 'bodum!' to everything they saw that they liked (a piece of clothing, home furnishing or a good-looking guy lol!). Well, one of my sisters has just moved into a new house (actually the other two have too... maybe I should make another one..?!) so I thought it would be funny to make her a house-warming card for her new house... it'll certainly make her smile! I found it a lot easier to handwrite the sentiment with the lines on the dsp in the background!

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Secret Garden
Paper: Print Poetry dsp, Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, markers
Tools: large scallop edgelit, delicate designs embossing folder, Secret Garden framelits
Accessories: Old Olive striped organdy ribbon, pearls

The design team have come up with some great inspiration against for you this week - be sure to check them put over at the Friday Mashup!

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful elements. I'm glad you explained the sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - I love those flowers with the pearls in the centre. I'm sure your sister will love it, especially since it's so personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did a great job with this card! The colors are combined beautifully and those flowers are great with the pearls.
    Hugs;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I love the explanation for the sentiment. I have to admit, I was wondering what it meant! Beautiful job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! Those bright and cheerful flowers really pop off the card front! And I love the fun story behind the greeting. Thanks for sharing such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete