Sunday 4 August 2013

Sketched Marina Flower...

Hello!

I wanted to play along with this week's 200th Colour Q challenge so I combined it with the fab Deconstructed Sketch this week...

 

I wanted to use the beautiful hostess set Simply Sketched for this as well as my new Dictionary backgrounds stamp (love!)...

 
I stamped the flower image onto watercolour paper with Stazon and coloured with Old Olive, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse inks and an aquapainter. I stamped an additional flower, coloured and cut out then popped over the top for added dimension. The sentiment (from the same set) was stamped underneath with Stazon as well. The So Saffron panel is core'dinations card, embossed with the Beautifully Baroque EF and sanded. The Marina Mist panels in the background were stamped with the Dictionary background with Marina Mist ink, and all the panels were layered onto Midnight Muse card. I added a Midnight Muse heart (cut from core-dinations card with the Fashionable Hearts embosslit die) and some retired Old Olive ribbon as well as a vintage faceted button with some white bakers twine. I couldn't resist adding a few candy dots (LOVE these things!) in white to finish off.
 
I hope you've enjoyed your weekend, wherever you are!
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
x Amy x


12 comments:

  1. Simply divine!!! Perfect use for that set!!

    Love your bright cheerful card!!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the blue & yellow combo and your flower is so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your card!I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Amy, well designed card, love all the panels! Thanks for sharing your card this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! I just found you through Kathy's pick of the week! So glad I did, your card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOY OH BOY!!! This is a zinger of a card...I love everything about it! I can't believe I don't have that EF but after seeing this I think that, plus the Dictionary stamp, will be on my next order! LOVE the watercoloring....this is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors and sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love how you turned the sketch and the gorgeous colors! Thanks for joining us for DS112!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Amy. I love how you used the colors, perfect placement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Great job with the sketch and your flowers are stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOHOO Amy, this gorgeous card won you the title of colourQ ColourQueen!!! AND a spot on the Royal Court.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win!!! Love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Amy & CONGRATS on your win too :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete