Thursday 15 August 2013

Yellow Ribbon Birthday...

Hello!!

I've got some exciting news to share today... I've joined the AMAZING Colour Q Royal Court design team!!! I was so excited when I saw this post there earlier today this week - what an honour! I can't wait to start designing with the future colour combos (you know how much I love a colour challenge, and Colour Q has been a fave of mine for ages!). Anyways, I really wanted to play along with this week's challenge, which is a lovely bright combination...


I know the picture has got pretty doilies etc in it but when I saw the colours together I went in the direction of a boy's birthday card and ended up with this...


I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch for my layout...
I used the Blue Ribbon circle stamps for this, inking the lower one with an old Ruby Red marker I had in my drawer, the middle one I embossed with white EP on Ruby Red card, and the top one was stamped with Daffodil Delight, and again on Ruby Red with Basic Grey. I cut out the '1' and layered it over the Daffodil image, then punched it out with a circle punch and layered it onto a slightly larger Ruby Red circle. I created a grey layer under the middle circle with my scallop circle punch, punching once then putting the shape back in the punch, rotating slightly and punching again to get this shape. I added some Daffodil washi tape, some retired ribbon and some Basic Grey buttons tied with white baker's twine.

The white panel is layered onto some Basic Grey chevron pieces cut from the Tasteful trim die then onto the background piece. The background is So Saffron card, stamped with images from Clockworks in saffron and grey. I added a little silver clip at the top for a bit of shine.

I quite like how this one turned out, even though boy's cards are probably my least favourite to make (cos I don't know what I'm doing mostly!!).

That's all for now - I'll be back tomorrow with my Friday Mashup card (another boy's card actually..!).

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x




5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting onto another design team! Fab card you have created here. Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous boys birthday card, Amy, I love the grunge background! So happy you shared your card with us at the colourQ this week! Will enjoy working with you! cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, we are thrilled to have you join the CQC, especially after seeing this fun card! I totally glossed over this set in the catalog and now it looks like I may need to add it to my wishlist....looks pretty versatile, as you said, especially for boy's cards! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday card Amy! I love the bright fun colors and the grunge background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Amy! You'll do a fabulous job I know! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches with this awesome creation this week.

    ReplyDelete