Tuesday 3 September 2013

Grunge Love Hearts

Hello!

This week over at the ColourQ we have a fabulous colour scheme for you...


I borrowed 'Gorgeous Grunge' from my friend and team member who lives around the corner from me (very handy for both of us lol!) and played around with that as well as one of the new Expressions Thinlets dies...


The Whisper White panel was stamped with one of the splatters from Gorgeous Grunge with grey, then I layered a punched heart (from Quatrefancy dsp) and a stamped and die-cut heart (from Hearts a Flutter) over the top. I glued this panel onto some Basic Grey core'dinations card and embossed on both sides with one of the Needlepoint embossing folders then lightly sanded to reveal the core. This was layered onto Silver glimmer paper then onto some more Quatrefancy dsp and finally a layer of Raspberry Ripple cardstock. The 'love' was die-cut from Raspberry Ripple card and adhered with Tombow glue. I finished things off with a few basics rhinestones.

I used the fab Sketchbook Saturday layout (slightly altered) from Chupa to help me on this one...


Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Hearts a Flutter
Ink: Smoky Slate, Island Indigo
Paper: Quatrefancy dsp, Silver Glimmer, Basic grey core'dinations, Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Basics rhinestones
Tools: Full Heart punch, Hearts a Flutter framelits, Needlepoint embossing folder, sanding block, Expressions Thinlets die
 
Make sure you check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x



3 comments:

  1. GREAT card Amy, love your design and the touches of sparkle! Handy to have a team member so near ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Amy! I can't wait to get my hands on those expressions thinlet dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eclectic look, Amy! That die cut sentiment is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete