Sunday 19 January 2014

Sweet Baby Bunny

Hi there!

I really wanted to play along with a new challenge that started up this year - The Card Concept. I was intrigued by the descriptions of the different card making styles and out of all of them, I think I probably lean towards 'clean and layered' more than anything else (although I do love the shabby chic look, and try my hand at clean and simple from time to time) so I thought I'd use the Deconstructed Sketch (Jen always has brilliant sketches if you like lots of layers!) to help me with this one.

 I wanted to use one of the new sets coming in the Spring/Summer catty called Baby We've Grown - it has such sweet images perfect for colouring! Here's what I came up with...


I stamped three of the stamps from this set - the sentiment, bunny and little shoes - with Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card, then coloured with blender pen and ink. The panels in the background are: Primrose Petals card embossed with the Sale-a-Bration embossing folder, Blushing Bride card stamped with hearts from Language of Love and Crumb Cake dsp from the new Fresh Prints stack. These were all layered on Early Espresso card and finally layered on a panel of Naturals Ivory and Early Espresso. The sentiment/image was punched with a 2 1/2" circle punch and pierced around the edge. I layered the circle on a die-cut doily. I couldn't resist adding some pearls in the corners, as well as on the little shoes to finish.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Baby We've Grown, Language of Love
Ink: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals
Paper: Fresh Prints dsp, Very Vanilla, Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals, scrap vanilla dsp for doily
Accessories: Pearls
Tools: 2 1/2" circle punch, sizzlits delicate doilies, Piercing tool & template, blender pen

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x


9 comments:

  1. Love your card Amy, I love how you have used the colours in such a different way and great way to interpret the sketch. I am after you over at Card Concept. Claire #95

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, super sweet and a clever way to use the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is incredibly sweet Amy! I just love your gorgeous little baby card! (I can't wait for this set to arrive as I'm in love with that rabbit!) Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy - just popping in to say your card is FABULOUS - that RABBIT!!!! I love your "clean and layered" style and your take on the sketch works so well with those papers.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, this so adorable, Amy! Love your placement of the images in relation to the sentiment. I love, love, love that bunny! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. precious card....so glad you played along with the first Card Concept challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Amy..this is just beyond sweet. Always a big fan of your work. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, this card is so precious! I love everything about it! I just ordered this set and can't wait to use it! The bunny and shoes are adorable! I always love polka dots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy, i lifted this beautiful card and showed it on mY Instagram account. I would live to give your credits... Do you have an Instagram account?

    ReplyDelete