Tuesday 4 February 2014

Simple Pink Blooms

Hiya!

It's time for another ColourQ challenge and this week we're going pink & red...


When I first saw these colours I was wondering how to fit that many red/pinks on one card, then I took out the new Simple Stems set and had a play combining different colours and adding shading with a blender pen. When I finished cutting and layering them then I set about looking for a sketch to play with and came across the Retro Sketches layout this week so I decided to play along, and here's what I came up with...


This is what I love about playing along with challenges - I would never have come up with this card on my own, but by combining a sketch and colour combo I can create something a bit different from my usual style. I've used a few new Spring/Summer catty goodies on this one: Simple Stems, Gold baker's twine, gold sequins and some Fresh Prints dsp.

The largest flower was stamped three times with Blushing Bride ink and I added a little shading with Melon Mambo ink (although you can't really see it in the pic!). The largest layer was die-cut with one of the secret Garden framelits while the next two layers were cut with my paper snips and layered up with dimensionals. The other flowers were both stamped twice and layered: one with Melon Mambo and one with Real Red, and both were shaded with Raspberry Ripple ink.

Here's the sketch I followed...



Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Simple Stems, Hello Lovely
Ink: Blushing Bride, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red, Melon Mambo
Paper: Fresh Prints dsp, Blushing Bride, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White, Naturals White
Accessories: Gold baker's twine, gold sequins
Tools: Secret Garden framelits

That's all from me - make sure you visit the rest of the Royal Court and be inspired by their fab creations this week!

Thanks for stopping by...

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. Amy your creation chock full of beautiful goodies!! I love your layered flowers!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is gorgeous! Love the dimension of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete