Monday 28 July 2014

Anniversary Love Letters...

Hello!

So today is my hubby & I's 13th wedding anniversary... Of course, I had to make him a card (one that would pass his high masculine standards!!) so as I was looking for ideas I took a look through one of the new Project Life collections of cards - Happiness Is (which I was fortunate enough to win at a recent Stampin' Up training event - thanks Jane & Hayley!!). I found a particular 4x4" card, and then when I saw the current Cutting Edge challenge I had a little idea... See I've been wanting to play with the new Little Letters thinlit dies and when I combined them with the Project Life card, I ended up with this...


I simply placed the letter framelits over the card, passed through the big shot and voila! I added a die-cut heart in Blackberry Bliss to the centre as well as embossed greeting, die-cut with the Bitty Banner framelits, added a few candy dots and attached it to the Basic Grey panel (which I stamped with Gorgeous Grunge).

Of course, I had the letters left over after die-cutting, so I added them to the inside...


He liked that bit... lol! I inked up the top and bottom separately of the sentiment from Yippee Skippee with my Blackberry Bliss marker then stamped them with enough room in between to fit the letters.

This is The Cutting Edge inspiration card...


Now I know mine doesn't look anything like this lovely creation, but it genuinely inspired me with those cut-out love letters, and I also took inspiration from the little dot clusters (hence my use of Gorgeous Grunge)...

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Yippee Skppee
Ink: Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, versamark
Paper: Project Life Happiness Is collection, Basic Grey, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White
Accessories: Neutrals Candy dots, white EP
Tools: Little Letters thinlits, Fashionable Hearts embosslit, Bitty Banners framelits

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Great use of the products! Thanks for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are brilliant male card !x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphic look of this card! The inside is GREAT too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!! How cool and creative:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt your husband loved this! And I totally see where you got your inspiration! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cutting Edge Challenge - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete