Tuesday 5 August 2014

Tap tap Thanks...

Hiya!

Sorry about the late post today folks - it's been back to a busy week this week and today was a busy day! This is the first chance I've had to sit down and post my ColourQ card for this week... Check out this week's colours...


I saw this card by Laurie Schmidlin the other day and it was my starting point of inspiration for my card this week. I took out Tap, Tap, Tap and a couple of Project Life elements to come up with this...


I used the new Hello Honey instead of the retired Summer Starfruit and used one of the Project Life cards from the Happiness Is collection, along with one of the journalling grid cards to stamp the typewriter on. I added some turquoise chevrons, indigo candy dots and a cute little paper clip, as well as a greeting from Starburst Sayings.

I used the sketch from Fab Friday (although a little loosely lol!) for my layout:



Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Tap Tap Tap, Starburst Sayings
Ink: Island Indigo, Hello Honey
Paper: Project Life Happiness Is collection & journalling card. Early Espresso, Whisper White, Tempting Turqouise
Accessories: Regals candy dots, paper clip
Tools: Alphabet Press embossing folder, Project life corner punch, Starburst framelits, chevron punch

Make sure you check out the wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Royal Court this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

x Amy x

5 comments:

  1. What a great color combination! The use of the PL card is a great idea to showcase how versatile this line is. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - the colours are fab for a masculine card and I love the printer's type embossed background to echo the typewriter theme ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun design - love that embossed background behind you stamped panels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, What a creative approach to the FabFriday sketch. This card works so well with these colors, too. Love your work! Thanks for playing along with FabFriday.

    ReplyDelete